Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Same Week Pic from ESR 2013

 

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2013

First week October 2022:

This whole week so far has been a washout with Hurricane Ian rains coming in from the SouthEast, an opposite direction than usual. Still, it has been cool here, 40's and 50's F. Been hugging hot water bottles to stay warm. 

I need to take the ac box out of the window, and close it. Heat isn't on yet. It is not my house, I rent just a bedroom now. Maybe I can get stuff  to storage soon. Things have been difficult to do without a car, and seem to drag on forever as I need other people to have time. 

Life has become so inconvenient, and I need to jump through hoops to get my expired drivers license back, and not enough dough for a car anyway at these prices. I have a friend with money who went to get a new one, and they have to wait a  month anyhow! On back-order... 

I shlepp about on the local little buses these days. That was not fun to do blind...

Minimum wage has gone up to $14.25 in this state, so costs in most cases have at least doubled including rents. No, those wages are still very ineffective at getting ahead! My kids are earning about $10 /hr more than me, after all that hard work. I stayed at the same place too long.

So I decided to stop killing myself at that horrible, underpaid, and very physical night job, and see about getting something better, plus I am old enough to get Soc. Security, though it isn't enough to live on by itself. I could just retire . I have heard horror stories about waiting 8 months to get approved, so we shall see. 

 Not as easy as I would like it to be to wake up early yet. Still up all night, sleeping alot after many years of sleep deprivation. It is the best time at this house to cook and shower overnight with all these people and only 1 bathroom. 

First time-waster, I was forced to buy a new phone. The pre-paid plan I had already wouldn't be on the network for 2 weeks, while I waited for the new cell, and couldn't make any calls. They could have told me weeks earlier I would need a new one, but no. I wasted time and money. At least I could text, but put off finding work right away. Got so much to catch up on and exhausted as well.

 I still can't do some things on the new phone thing, like voicemail. Was on the line with the techs for hours and it still wouldn't work, according to instructions I was given. Ugh. I gave up! 

Then I decided to get a new laptop, due to my Chromebook no longer being update  supported. So I am having fun getting pissed at my new Thinkpad due to the way they want you to set it up, and run.  It interrupts me every step of the way to sign up and pay for things like Office, and Word. And I keep saying no, and no  to giving my location and syncing everything, due to being paraniod of crappy wifi here. 

Don't want my stuff hijacked. Especially my bank card number again. Once having all my bank funds stolen on the day my tax refund went in was enough, a few years back. I ended up having to move across town due to that. Still don't know what transaction did me in, just stopped using bank card and switched to cash. I am sick of getting ripped off.

I just hate the way this tech stuff is going. Stinks being old, and not trusting what everyone else does without a thought. I have been screwed over a few too many times... 

So maybe I have a road trip coming up with my Big Sis, and a possible home move. It is all up in the air for now, but I am changing things to attempt to be happier with what I get to do. 

I want to get back into making some art, and would like to practice guitar again. Here I don't have any privacy and can't make noise at night. I haven't been  in a good mood at this place since I got here, 7 years ago. 

But the down side to moving will be missing the dogs and cats I can't bring with me. Also I still won't get to move my stuff out of storage, still have to pay for it and to clean it out someday, trash fees have gone way up so it will cost me to throw the dusty stuff I don't want anymore out. That figures. Pay to keep it, and more not too. Yikes!

At least I had a little saved up, just don't want to deplete it too fast. Even though I have more time, I am still over-tired and now chilly. I don't feel motivated to be in a hurry. Hope all this stuff works out soon, because I really want to get back to feeling like me, and stop getting forced to do all this other stuff due to bossy people...  and greedy companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I Been?

  I am still here, just took a BIG Blogging break.  I followed my blog link recently posted on fb and to my big surprise found a couple comm...