Wednesday, September 21, 2022

On the Rocks

Rock art is a medium that's free, and many seem to have jumped on it since my daughter came up with her Reality Rocks idea.

There are drawbacks to it though. Acrylic may be best due to quicker dry times. I currently have no access to my old Acrylic tubes, and don't want to buy more. And they need a clear coat finish. Still, it is too easy to wreck them by scraping the paint off. Just drop it.

I painted a small unicorn head on a rock in 2020 for fun one day while visiting daughter's outdoor  rock painting area.

At the time, I was blind with cataracts, being unable to judge  contrast, and unable to tell when the brushtip I was holding  was about to touch the surface of the rock. 

So actually, it is a miracle it even looks like a horse-head. At the time, there was still no Big E on the top of the eye doc's chart, just a light grey smudge. Too blind to read. 

Now a friend of my daughter is going through a similar blindness problem. Another friend of hers put up a fundraiser on FB today to help come up with dough to fix her vision. Her state insurance will not cover it! 

I had my cataracts done, and it was expensive, but insurance covered alot of it. I still owe on it though, for awhile yet. Wish I could afford to help her out, because it is definitely worth it! It is like getting a life back you had given up on!

Rock painting by SnaggleTooth when blind, 2020



On the back it says: Unicorns are Fantasy 
 I had given up on painting anything good again, as I used to do the beautiful unicorns alot. 

 I  need to find a way to take it back. I hope my daughter's peer gets to also !







No comments:

Post a Comment

Where have I Been?

  I am still here, just took a BIG Blogging break.  I followed my blog link recently posted on fb and to my big surprise found a couple comm...